Image Map

July 20, 2016

Color those California State Symbols!



I absolutely love the addition of art projects in my classroom.  Everything has a purpose though... practice following directions, a tie in to our unit, something that motivates kids to do their best.  I'm a California teacher through and through, and learning about our California State Symbols is a big deal in my fourth grade classroom.  I wanted to show you this coloring book I made for my class that we will work through during the school year.  My plan is to have them color one symbol per month August through April, to be ready to put the books together for Open House in May.  There are facts that are also included on each paper for reference.  

I know not everyone teaches in California, but I want to highly encourage you to use your own state symbols as Fun Facts for your students.  They are so interested in these little odd pieces of information and to find out the backstory how these symbols came to be important.  :)  

If you are a California teacher and want to see my coloring book up close, here's the link to it over on TPT.  I hope it helps someone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!