Image Map

October 12, 2014

So Proud of My Kiddos!

This year I started up a data wall in my classroom.  It wasn't something that is required, it's just something that I wanted to try out.  It has helped drastically to motivate my students.  Every week we are trying to get a little bit better.  


My students each have a binder in their desks that have subject dividers inside.  Inside the binders they record their personal scores for each assessment.  It's something that we do on a daily basis.  I pass out the assessments directly to the students (usually during a time that they are out of the classroom - PE, Recess, Lunch, etc), and then it goes pretty fast to update the different sheets.  

They record:
Date   Name of Assessment   +Their Score/Total Amount

On the data wall I record our class averages on the different assessments.  It's nothing extra special, just a percentage chart inside a border (to make it look a little cutesy).  Our online grading portal turns my entire class scores into a class average, so then I just head over to the wall and draw a little line and fill it in.  

Here's the Google Drive link in case you want to try this out too.  Enjoy!





3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great idea! I bet it really motivates them to do well. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat Idea! My kiddos keep track of data too....and I hadn't thought about having a data wall. I may have to steal the idea...thanks for sharing!

    Katie
    Mind Sparks

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!