Image Map

February 27, 2021

Trying to be Positive


26 weeks of distance learning this year have passed us by... we just got word that we will be moving to a hybrid schedule in 3 weeks.  My brain just can't stop spinning at the upcoming transition, so when that happens I turn to the blog to search for my past crazy situations to remind myself that I did survive.  

I'm trying really hard to be positive this year.  

Some days I win.  Some days I fail.

As I talk to my teacher friends, I'm reminded that this is so much bigger than my little town.  So much bigger than my state or even our country.  As educators we have accomplished so much this year.  We really do deserve a standing ovation for everything we are currently doing.  

Here is what I'd say in my acceptance speech:

Thank you for this recognition. I'd like to thank my family for all their support this year. I'm sorry for the scattered conversations and checking TEAMS during our family movie nights.  I'm sorry for my lack of patience and not having boundaries between work and home. Thank you for cooking dinner and letting me sleep.  Without your help, I would not be the person I am today.  

I'd like to thank my students for making me smile every day.  Without you, well, I wouldn't be here.  It's all about you guys this year. Thank you for your laughter and your smiles. Thank you for being kids and sharing your lives with me.  Thank you for putting forth your best effort. Tell your parents thank you for their support as well.  :) 

I'd like to thank my colleagues for their support.  I'd like to thank you for your creativity to help me bring the classroom magic through a screen this year. Thank you for your willingness to be a sounding board and to teach this lady some new things.  I want to thank you for the across campus waves.  I can't see your smiles behind your masks, but I am thankful that we are all healthy.

I'd like to thank my admin for your support this year.  For helping me to see the big picture, when I was so focused on my little corner. For letting me be part of the solution, for giving me space to try new things, and for listening when I vent. 

I'd like to thank the tech team for your willingness to make this happen, for getting computers to every single student this year. I'd like to thank Microsoft Teams for the opportunity to see my kids every day.  

I'd like to thank my district and school board for doing their best to create a safe environment this year. I haven't always understood, but I am grateful for the opportunity to teach.  

And most of all, I'd like to give all glory to God that He promises to always be near when I call. He alone has kept my sanity intact. He has lifted me and carried me. He has given strength when I was ready to throw in the towel. Thank you Lord.

... Okay, acceptance speech done. Now, back to more of that never-ending paperwork.  Hope you are having a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!