Image Map

October 24, 2012

Something Good Linky


Jennifer from Rowdy in First Grade is hosting a linky that is inspiring me to 
forget the stressfulness of work and focus on the positive.

Her rules are pretty simple:  
Write about something good at home and something good at school.  

Something Good at Home:

My 3 boys have adjusted to a new year with new expectations.  
My 3rd grader has done a great job with his reading. (He is reading at a 5th grade reading level.)  He loves to read but sometimes math can be tricky for him.  He doesn't give up though when it's gotten hard.  I'm so proud of him.  
My 1st grader is a social butterfly.  He is learning how to control his need to vocalize every thought that goes through his brain.  He shows his caring personality in a million ways, and is a huge helper.  His self confidence has grown so much, and he now wants to read to us.  
Their hearts are so full to the brim with thinking of others first. 

Our 2.5 year old hasn't had an easy time learning to walk, run, or speak.  We have been working with therapists (cognitive, physical, and speech for 22 months)  Lately though he is trying to say more words, and he is learning to jump.  Today he said cheese for the first time and I just about cried.  This comes from yesterday when he decided to work on saying "I Love You" in his own little voice.  It wasn't completely clear, but it's getting there.

Something Good at School:

I have a hard class this year, the hardest class I've had in 13 years in the classroom.  Some days it's hard to find the silver lining.  I have many nice kids in my class this year that make me smile.  They are keeping me sane when it's been a very long day.  My challenging kids have also started giving me hugs on their own accord, so somehow in a weird way maybe they are appreciating the discipline to keep them on track.  Maybe they know that I care about them, and it's because I care that I am consistent with the discipline.

My class is pretty smart with Math concepts.  They pick up on stuff fast.  I know it's because most stuff isn't abstract, and it's a matter of following steps and directions to get to the answer, but it still makes life easier. 

I have to mention my team.  We are all in the same boat with this special group of kids.  It's nice to know they are there to lend a shoulder to lean on, to cry with, to laugh with.  

Okay, those are my home and school positives.  I'm a blessed girl to be surrounded by family and friends that are there to encourage me.

Go link up so I can learn more about you. :)

Hope you have a great day!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! This year seems to be tough all around! Hang in there! Great news about your boys!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I know what you mean...

      Delete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!