Image Map

December 3, 2013

My House Decorations - Want to See??


Linking up with Christina to share some pictures of my decorated house.   


We use these wooden garlands around all the downstair doorways.  Some of the doors also get a little wreath.  


Outside we have Frosty (and 2 deer).

I've always had this thing with nutcrackers.  The little "traditional" one in the front I've had since junior high or high school… long enough to forget when exactly I picked him up.  The teacher one my student gave me a couple of years ago.  
Yes, somehow my boys' stocking holders broke while in storage - and those things are expensive to replace.  Between our extra curious dog and our 3 year old (they would have pulled them down from the mantle), we decided to use wreath holders on the boys' bedroom doors.  I love them!    


My in laws like to move every couple of years… and every time they move they give us more of their stuff.  I loved this little town, so my mother in law sent them over about 7 years ago.  As the boys have grown, they are in charge of setting this up every year.  Some years they put "snow" under the houses, this year they didn't.  


Our tree makes me happy - even though we have to rearrange the furniture to fit it.  This year hubby had to take all the lights off of it (it was a pre lit tree), since all the lights died after 10 years of using it.  Now it has LED lights that will last a lot longer.  


My sister is letting us use this tree on our kitchen counter.  It is extra festive!

Go show off your house decorations over at the linky party!  

Hope you had a great day!  Thank you so much for your support with the TPT sale!  I picked up some great deals the past couple of days too.  :)  

4 comments:

  1. Emily, I love all of your decorations. What a great idea to hang the stockings on the doors. I would've never thought of doing that. LOVE!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of wreath holders on your kiddos' doors! I now feel a compulsion to go get some wreath holders! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up! I love the wreath holder stockings on the doors!

    :)
    Christina
    *Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decorations are so fund and cute! I love your teacher nutcracker!!!!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!