Image Map

March 11, 2015

Figurative Language Review



We've been reviewing Figurative Language a lot lately!  The other day we played a Scoot game with my task cards.  Just a little thing that I do, but I always pass out the task cards by student number... mainly to keep kids responsible, but also to know who has each card.

After we reviewed it altogether, I gave kids the option between rainbows and flowers to write down their own examples.  I printed them off half size, and now I have a class set for next year.  


The kids wrote down their own examples (good assessment tool), and then we put them up on our "Figurative Language Garden".  



The idioms came from The Peanut Gallery. What a smart idea! 

Here are some examples:



Love it!  How do you practice figurative language in class?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!