Image Map

September 24, 2012

Believe in Yourself



Just a little reminder to believe in yourself when you are feel like you are sinking, when you just want to give up, or when you are so overwhelmed.

Today was a hard morning, so many "issues" that made me want to leave and not look back. It was bad and I had an admin in the classroom as a witness.

After school I was told that my lesson was great, so many positives. I was focusing so much on the negative (students being students with unpredictable behaviors) that I couldn't see that what I accomplished today was something to be proud if.

Every day we teachers do so much to bolster the children's self esteem. Remember to give yourself a pat on the back as well. You did a great job today.

You did a great job helping to mold a child into the person they will someday be.

You did a great job teaching someone the importance of believing in themselves.

You taught them something today they will remember in future years and finally get why it's important.

You shared what great character means.

You taught someone today that they are unique and special... That they are smart... That they matter.

You showed them that can believe in their dreams and someday they can accomplish them.

You did a great job today!



8 comments:

  1. That is so true. It is easy to forget that we need to encourage and pat ourselves on the back too. Thanks for the reminder. Hope today is better:)

    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I so needed this today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to keep reminding myself of it too...

      Delete
  3. I stalked your blog from Laura's and while I'm not a teacher in the public education system, I am a mother of three children. So, I guess you can say I'm a teacher 24/7, right? Thanks for the uplifting reminder. It's easy to look past the good we've done on days that are especially trying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this post. It was just what I needed today!

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!