Image Map

September 26, 2012

Science: It's a Lion King kind of day...


I love when I can relate a Disney movie to help the kids 
understand a concept...


The Science chapter on Ecosystems we have been working on is 
straight out of the Lion King.  

We related predator and prey, competing for food and living space, and discussed how animals sometimes have to move on to another space or else they will die.  We were able to discuss animal adaptations, and how they rely on each other.  There was more stuff that we discussed as we went through our chapter but you probably get the gist.

Now, we aren't watching the movie (though I wish we had time to), 
but the kids totally understood the point.

I really love my Disney movies...

Hope you had a good day! 
Photobucket

2 comments:

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!