Image Map

January 6, 2013

January Pins (Writing, Science, and Math)

This one is a winner.

I don't get onto the actual Pinterest website as much anymore.  I am more pinning things from websites and blogs that I need to remember.  Love that "Pin It" button on my screen!

Every once in a while (usually the beginning of the month) I feel the need to make sure I'm using the ideas that I'm pinning.  Here are 6 things I want to remember to work into my planbook for January.

With any of the pictures - just click the links to take you to the pin so you can repin or head to the original website.    

writing about being sick! they all have good "sick stories" that's for sure!

Writing Sick Stories
If I lived in a snow globe...
snowglobes

Snow Globe Writing

This website is genius...it's completely dedicated to bulletin boards...teachers I have found the holy grail...

Mug Writing

Mini Volcanoes: SCIENCE CLUB

Mini Volcanoes

A volcano in a mug.  Neat idea to show kids how they work.  Much more accurate than the old baking soda/vinegar idea.

Volcano in a Mug

Teaching coordinate grids and ordered pairs. 
@Myesha Ryan @Heather Borg Anderson - we could work together and use one grid outside on the ground.  I like the candy aspect.

Ordered Pairs - I did this last year outside using sidewalk chalk.  It lasted all week for all different types of lessons and the other classes could also use it.  I just need to remember to bring enough chalk, wear gloves, and tennis shoes (no heels this year) the morning I draw it.  

I hope these give you some ideas for your own classroom!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love the mug bulletin board! I saw it on Pinterest and adapted it for my fifth grade essays. I hope you will hop over to my blog to take a peek at it :-)

    I am your newest follower thanks to the Fifth in the Middle Giveaway!

    Rachel @
    Mrs O Knows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I enjoy your blog too! :)

      Delete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!