Image Map

September 20, 2013

Five for Friday

I'm beyond tired... and this weekend we are leaving right after school to head to the Cub Scout Family Camp Out!  OY!  I haven't technically been camping since I was a little Brownie in Girl Scouts... going to be an adventure!  We have packed so many extra changes of clothes and the potty chair since we have no clue what to expect from our 3 year old.

fiveforfriday2

Linking up with Doodlebugs Teaching to share some randomness about my week.  Since I'm exhausted, you'll just have to deal with some pictures from this past week on Instagram.  :)


Yep, we weaved like our Native Californian tribes.  It's working better than I could have ever imagined.  

We are up to Chapter 5 in Math - and it's all about reviewing our multiplication facts.  So we made up little/big math mansions complete with shutters.  The kids got a kick out of it and it was nice having an art project in math.  
We painted our maps on Monday, and then on Wednesday they took them home.  There is no room to store them in the classroom!  

Thursday we celebrated Talk Like a Pirate Day in class with my pirate pack.  We have so much going on that there wasn't much time to celebrate, but I did give them around 25 minutes to choose a project.  I didn't grade it (a rarity), but now their activities have formed a class book.  The kids are so proud of themselves.  


Last but not least is this beautiful Baked Ziti that my husband made up.  I presented at the staff meeting on Monday, came home absolutely exhausted from school, and then we only had a bit of time before having to head out to the Pack Award Meeting.  It was so nice to not have to cook.  

Hope you had a great week!  


2 comments:

  1. My kids loved using your Talk Like a Pirate Day activities! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your husband and I had the same thoughts about helping out with the cooking this week!

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!