Image Map

September 13, 2013

It's FRIDAY!!!

fiveforfriday2
Friday!!!  It's Friday...  I know I shouldn't be so happy for a weekend since I only had a 3 day week with my kiddos.  It was the longest week EVER though.  Sitting in 3 hospital waiting rooms, waiting for my mom to be ready for visitors (during and after her hip surgery), then more waiting during jury duty....  I'm just so glad!

Linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share what's up with me:

ONE:  Schedule Cards

I decided to put up a schedule - my kids need to work on telling time a bit...  This is my schedule (all ready for Monday).  The schedule cards came from Holly over at Fourth Grade Flipper.  They are the perfect size for my little pocket chart.


It was finally uploaded.  Labor of love people...  I used this pack with my kids last week and they loved it.  I finally got around to uploading it...  things have been busy. 

Research notes, postcards, mini book, writing pages, clip art fun facts, and full clip art pages ready for food webs...  Yippidy Do Da!  We put these all in our interactive file folders and now I'll be hiding these away until the end of the year.  

THREE:  Regions Interactive Folder completed :)  

{imagine a picture here}

Most of the below things came from my Regions Activity Pack.
Front: Notes on Compass Rose, Latitude/Longitude
Inside: Regions galore - Shade state and flip notes
Back: "Postcard" picture of favorite region and a paragraph of why.

FOUR: Peaches and Nectarines
I love nectarines and peaches.  I've had to go to the store 3x this week to refill our fruit basket.  I'm addicted and I'm okay with that.  

FIVE: Salt Dough Maps
Today was the day!!  We squished the dough (flour, salt, and water), drew our state, and then smushed the stick mixture onto our boards to form the coast, mountains, valley, and desert of CA.  Now they are drying all weekend long....

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  




1 comment:

  1. Great post! Thanks for the salt dough idea - we will do a salt dough map of our country, Australia, in our homeschool lessons soon. Also your ecosystem unit is great value and the beach freebie in the preview is a bonus. I just added it to my wish list. I love the fact that you have allowed so much choice for the students - a concept we love in homeschooling. Thank you! thursdaytook@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!