Image Map

March 20, 2014

Angle Pictures


I have some wonderful artists in my classroom.  I also have some wonderful mathematicians.  Today we combined the two skills and made angle pictures.  I had to emphasize the difference between angLE vs. angEL pictures. :)


  We identified quite a bit between right, obtuse, and acute, and then passed out the scratch paper and they drew pictures.  


Whenever I take pictures I'm going to show online, I usually tell the kids that I'm taking pictures to share with other teachers - so here are some of the kids that really wanted to share their artwork with you.  


After they were done drawing, they had to count the Right Angles (R), Obtuse Angles (O), and Acute Angles (A).  That's what those codes are on their drawings.  Some kids used tallies, some used numbers.  Either way they were defining, identifying, and creating angles so we met our objective.  


Plus by letting them draw I won that Best Teacher Ever award again.  FYI - BrainPop has many videos on geometry (and electricity).  We are using the school account ALOT!  


Hope you had a great day!  


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this angle picture idea! I'm going to have to try it out myself - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!