Image Map

January 20, 2016

Fraction Fun


We have had so much fun with fractions!  Wanted to share the link with you in case you need some more fraction activities to add to your arsenal.  


Center 1: Fraction Cookies
5 real life cookie ingredient lists are included for students to use as the basis of modifying recipe amounts. There is sure to be a favorite type of cookie between peanut butter, sugar, chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, and oatmeal raisin. Each type of cookie includes a recipe card, student answer sheet with 3 ways to modify the fractions, and an answer sheet. I used this by dividing students into 5 teams (one per cookie) and their team was responsible for completing all 3 versions of their recipe card. We rotated through to all 5 throughout the week.



Center 2: Equivalent Fraction Task Cards
20 equivalent fractions cards are included using multiple choice answers. A student answer sheet and answer key are also provided. I used this in my classroom for students to play a scoot game and roam the classroom answering cards to review.  




Center 3: Match it up Mixing Bowls 
There are 32 labeled bowls for students to match up with equivalent fractions. I used this in my classroom by giving each of my 32 students a fraction bowl and they had to find the other 3 people (4 people total) that had equivalent fractions to theirs. When one round was completed, I collected the bowls, mixed them up, and passed them out again for students to find different partners. These were then put in a center for students to match all 32 bowls with the correct groups. 

It's all about making fractions relevant to my students.  Mission accomplished!  

I'm sure you've heard, but there's a TPT site sale going on!  Awesome sauce!  Remember to use the code to get those extra discounts.  :) 


Hope you have a wonderful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!