Image Map

March 25, 2015

Pattern Block Drawing - Quadrilateral Review

Last week we were in full geometry mode.  We were reviewing triangles, angles, symmetry, and of course quadrilaterals/parallelograms.  I decided to let them draw using the pattern blocks.  I only gave them 10 minutes to create these drawings, and then they had to identify just the quadrilaterals by coloring them in.  Wanted to share a few that I was so impressed with.  



Yes, I know the triangle isn't a quadrilateral, but the kid got a little carried away.. wouldn't we all with a picture of a duck?  


This was the first year I let the kids use the pattern blocks to draw and I was so impressed with their creativity.  Now my class has been in full spring fever mode, but maybe it's because I've been trying to make all the lessons extra fun that the kids really haven't started driving me nuts.  :)  It's the little things people!  

I hope you had a great day!



1 comment:

  1. My fourth graders have spring fever this week. What a great idea to review geometry terms. I love activities that combine math and art.
    Thank you,
    Mary
    Artistry of Education

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!