Image Map

March 27, 2015

Figurative Language Folder {Freebie}

A couple of weeks ago we read McBroom and the Big Wind.  It's a fun book filled with figurative language.  I had this freebie, but instead of just keeping it as a sheet of paper, I decided to have the kids turn it into a fun folder.  There is something exciting when a normal worksheet turns into an art project - it's so much more engaging!


Now in the story the kids are blown into the air, so the kids cut out the different types of figurative language and turned them into McBroom's children.  They wrote examples of each type, and then decorated the folders.  It was rewarding to see them grasp the concepts.  

Figurative Language Mini Book

Do you read any McBroom stories?  I hope this helps you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!