Image Map

April 6, 2015

Jelly Bean Towers


Jelly Bean Towers?  What a cool idea!  I saw Ari's towers the other week, and I decided it was the perfect way to wrap up the last day before Spring Break.  We work with our 1st grade Reading Buddies on a weekly basis, and they love doing engineering projects together.  

Here is some of what our kids created:


The kids had the challenge of using 10 jelly beans and 10 toothpicks to create the tallest tower.  


When done, the kids practiced measuring to the nearest inch and centimeter.  


I was so proud of them!  Our tallest tower turned out to be 14 inches.  Wow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!