Image Map

April 27, 2015

Class Canvas Portraits



Last summer I snatched these canvas packs at Michaels for a huge deal!  I wanted to have the kids create self portraits, and I'm so happy with how they turned out. 



Now before I dig into the 4 steps, I wanted to show you how I ended up putting them up on the wall.  I went the distance (since I was being OCD), and ended up tying yarn to a pushpin before stretching the yarn across the wall to another pushpin.  It helped a lot!  Usually I just eyeball everything, so this was a major accomplishment for me.  


Okay, onto the 4 steps.  The first day I passed out the canvases and the kids' cum pictures.  They used pencils to draw the outlines.  The next day we mixed paint to match their skin tones (starting with a brown base and adding a little white paint to the correct tone).  We used qtips to fill in only the skin, and then put it aside. 


The next day I had paint stations set up.  The kids took their canvases and went to a table to paint on their lips, another table to paint on their eye color, and the last to paint on their hair.


The final day the kids chose their favorite color, filled in the backgrounds, and added clothes.  Their cum pictures are on the bottom of their artwork.  Now they are up through Open House, but they will soon become the kids' Mother's Day presents.  :)  

I don't know if I'll always be able to complete this project, but I will definitely be looking for more canvases in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!