Image Map

June 23, 2021

See You Later Classroom

What does your classroom look like at the end of the year? Here’s mine as of our last day:


Desks stacked
Chairs stacked
Bookshelves covered 
Everything off the ground - all my plastic drawers with STEM materials get a lift onto my desk
Technology covered 
Walls... well I don’t do much with the walls... If they get dusty over the summer, then I'll just deal with it in August.  


Yeah, the office always has a checklist of stuff to do to check out, but this is just for me before I get locked out for the summer.

Things I always do:

One last look in all the cupboards to get it organized for next year. I have fun tossing the stuff I haven’t touched in a year. This year I tossed all my carpet squares. I haven't used them since 4th grade, 4 years ago... I also tossed all those old magazines and old workbooks, it freed up so much space behind my white board.  


I went through the furniture that I'd brought to class, and decided that I didn't need an extra storage rack anymore.  This year proved how little I really need and how floor space is necessary to space the desks.  It's now at home in my kid's closet.  

I went through my front teaching cart (a plastic 3 drawer under the projector table) and tossed almost all the stuff in the drawers.  Sometimes it's just easier to start from scratch again.  It felt really great.


Then I take pictures so I remember where things are. The pictures will remind me that I put (blank) behind the left cupboard behind the (blank). My son had prepped materials for next year's class - the folders and filled pencil pouches.  Those are tucked behind the board, ready to go.  I just keep them on my camera roll for the summer.  When I start stressing about something not being done, I can pull up the pictures and remember how much really is ready.


I make a list of things I need to pick up for summer. There's just some things that are cheaper in the back to school specials instead of ordering from the warehouse. For next year I still need to get some markers when they are cheap. 

I bring home any thing I might possibly need this summer. This year I really only brought home my planner and my pacing guide binder. I need a break. It’s been 4 weeks and I haven’t looked at it at all… 

Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!