Image Map

June 21, 2021

Teach Me Something Project - Countdown to Summer

In our countdown to the end of school, I have the kids complete a teach me something project.  It's a way for them to share their passions and talents with each other... kind of like our own wacky talent show.  

First up, I give them this paper with directions:



Directions:
-Figure out what you want to teach us - it has to be school appropriate. 
-Figure out how you want to teach us - and I gave some options for video, project board, powerpoint, pictures, or doing it live.
-Prepare for your lesson and practice 
-Be Ready to Volunteer

Then in a normal year they have to turn in their visual the Friday before the last 2 weeks of school, so I know they are ready to go.  If possible the presentations are interactive and hands on.  Kids bring supplies for their classmates to create as well.  For every one we do questions and compliments afterward.

Over the years I have had a chance to witness some pretty cool things.  Kids really are talented.  

I've watched gymnastic routines - kids bring in their tumbling mats.

I've made a lot of slime using different recipes.

Kids have taught us different languages and cool facts over things that they are interested in.  

I've listened to musical instruments and kids singing.

I've been able to participate in step by step drawing lessons and making origami.

I've tried to learn some of those Tic Tok dances.

I know they are probably laughing (inside) at my lack of talent.  

Sometimes it's not possible for them to do their activity at school - like riding horses or baking a cake... so they submit videos of themselves, we watch, and they still answer questions from the audience and gather compliments.  

It's a chance to have them shine.  

This year, we still did it, but it was a little different with a hybrid classroom.  More kids did the recording option or made powerpoints with pictures of themselves.  It helped fill our last days of school.

Hope this helps,  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!