Week 6 already?! Once again I'm linking up with Tara to share what I've been up to.
This past week we went to sell our old car (since we don't need 3 cars at the moment), and couldn't easily find the title. It was time to go through 12 years of files and get rid of tons of paperwork. 10 file drawers later, they are all now color coded and organized by topic (health, employment, bills, banks, auto, education/college, home, insurance, etc). My husband just laughed when I broke out the neon labels, new file folders, freezer ziploc bags (for all those old statements to save), and banker boxes. We filled up 3 large laundry baskets of stuff to toss, another 2 big boxes of stuff to shred, and have gone down to the basics. Big project DONE!
I have a lot of reading graphic organizers that I have purchased and created. I took one of my old 3 inch binders and put a copy of each of them inside, organized by skill. If possible I printed them 2 per page (to save copies) before putting them in sheet protectors, and then added the sticky tabs to the edges so it's easy to flip and copy.
This next one is an old made it from last year - I have another huge binder that I have dividers labeled with student numbers. I kept student info, conference sheets, goal sheets, student notes, etc. in each area. I went through it, pulled out the old stuff, and got it ready to fill with the new batch of kids. I have 32 kids, so the extra back dividers are extra conferring, fluency, etc. pages.
I'm really into word walls. I love the visual reminders, and want my boys to start memorizing scripture too. I have tons of these frames, but I'm not in a hurry to fill them all up. I took out the inside paper, added a beige card stock fit to the frame, and wrote out difference scriptures. Then I hot glued black ribbon on the back and they are ready to hang upstairs.
This summer it's been hard to be motivated to work on school stuff. My husband says it's good that I'm relaxing, have been reading tons of books, but I'm starting to have panic attacks about not getting everything done in time. This week I did make up my new HW folders. Before school got out, I had my helper girls add 4 sheet protectors to each plastic folder. The first protector is still empty (I'm going to have them do a goal thing in it that first week of school), but I filled up the other pages.
Page 2 has a front/back CA Common Core Standards Sheets. I want the kids to cross off when they have mastered the different standards. These are from edventuring.weebly.com - I found them on TPT, but can't find them since I downloaded off my wish list.
Page 3 has a cursive alphabet on the front, and Teaching in Room 6's HW sheet on the back.
Page 4 has our Rowley Multiplication Sheet (mixed facts) on the front, and division is on the back for home fact practice.
Okay - I'm off to play more of the game - Let's Rearrange the Furniture! New couches are coming tonight, so we had to move our old couches around, which meant moving a desk upstairs, which meant moving the storage thing out of my son's room to the hallway closet, which means moving the bookshelf out of the closet, and setting up a new desk area downstairs for 2 boys to use.... It never stops!
Have a great day!