Image Map

July 29, 2013

Monday Made It - First Day in the Classroom





Linking up with Tara to share what I accomplished today.  I've already shared a bunch lately about all the projects I've tackled... so here's what I did in my classroom on the first day back.  

First, some before pictures... I did get some bulletin boards started on that last day of school before I checked out.  It was sweet relief walking in being reminded of everything that was done.  





This was about halfway through the day - everything unloaded from storage, desks and furniture arranged, my new blue storage bins unloaded and things starting to be put away - every surface is still covered...

Then, here's how it looked when I left today.  My husband and boys helped bring all the stuff in, and then they left so I could think straight.  


It took me 14 years to figure out to put wide ribbon on the base of all my bulletin boards.  I let the kids sit on the ground a lot, so the paper borders never hold up.  I hold everything in place with pushpins until it's staple time.  

I put up the goals and bucket fillers under the whiteboard, and put border around the board.  It's not done yet...
I hung new fabric on this wall, and then separated out all the different notebooks vs texts against the wall.  I now have a big carpet space going into this next year.

I changed up my word wall to this bulletin board.  I think I'm going to add some clothespins on the tops of the pendants...
This was my Scholastic Bonus Point purchase last year - Super Hero Parts of speech.  
Thought clouds come from Tonya's Treats for Teachers.

Last year I used those red Silo cups to hold Marzano's Thought Clouds - this year I picked up some metal buckets from Target's Dollar Spot.  Definitely more sturdy.

Daily 5 and Math Rotations come from 4th Grade Frolics.
On my big black metal thing, I hung up a pocket chart and stuck both the rotations for Daily 5 and Math.

My behavior chart is ready to go - up and down
This is also from 4th Grade Frolics.
 Comprehension Levels are above the whiteboard now too.
Ladybug's Teacher Files VOICES bulletin board set.
Finally, I reworked my Voices board... still have more to add to this board though.   

Well, that took about 5 hours non stop....

More on tap for tomorrow, my parents are taking the boys all day to visit them... so I have the whole day to keep on working.  My goal is to get as much done these couple of days so I can sit back and breathe those 2 days before meetings start next week.  Check back in to see what got finished!



6 comments:

  1. Your room looks awesome! I spent 5+ hours in mine today, too. Felt good to get some things accomplished :)

    Lisa
    Fluent in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily,

    Looking good!! I've been spending some time in my room as well, hoping to get it all set up so I can take a week (or two) off before I actually report! That means I have to finish up this week! Eeeck!

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! Isn't it amazing how long it takes?! Heading up for my first work day sometime this week, I think...can't wait... :/ LOL!

    -Gayla
    Teach On.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work, Emily! It's coming together very nicely :)
    I have that border you have along the top of your walls too - it's one of my favorites :)

    Tell me about your VOICES board - what do you use it for? what do each of the letters stand for?

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You got a lot accomplished. Your room is looking great!

    Thank you for sharing.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your classroom looks HUGE! I must know the measurements! haha
    You got a lot done! When do you go back?
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!