Image Map

November 5, 2013

My Daily Schedule



I was reading blogs the other day and ran across a linky going on over at TGIF to share our daily schedules.  Talking to my BBB's I've been realizing how different life is for so many of us - even though we are all still teaching intermediate grades.  So, I wanted to share what a typical schedule is for my classroom in CA.




Random things to know - 

*We have 19 weeks of yard duty throughout the year, it works out to being every other week, flip-flopping recess and after school bus duty.

*We have prep everyday for 30 minutes, and because we're at a K-8 school the kids get to go to a PE teacher.  The primary teachers have to teach their own PE, but they also get out a half hour before the "big" kids.    

*The kids' hours are 8:20 - 2:50 (except on Monday when it's 8:20 - 1:30), the primary students go from 8:20 - 2:20 (1:15 on Mondays).  My contract hours are 8:00 - 3:30 every day but Mondays (because our staff meetings go until 4:30).  But we all know we do way more than that...  

Updated: I forgot to share the scoop on music. Music is optional - it's not a prep. Kids have to keep their grades up, but they can sign up for a string instrument. If they are in the program it's 1/2 hour twice a week. They leave during reading time. This year I only have 6 kids that attend, and with that it's only 3 kids per day that are gone.

*My beginner and intermediate ELLs also leave class every afternoon for 40 minutes. It's during my silent reading/ workshop time since they need to be there for everything else. This year I have 9 kids that leave. 

I guess I don't know what else to share - I tend to talk a lot about my day all the time, so if you have any questions just let me know!  

1 comment:

  1. I find it interesting that your kids only have PE as a special. Has your district cut music?
    Your early release actually sounds worth while. My district only has a 30 min. early release.

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!