Image Map

November 26, 2014

Author's Purpose

I have this thing with Author's Purpose.  My class will talk about it all year, but we don't do any crafts with it until it's close to Thanksgiving.  Then we make up paper plate pies.  The top is the top crust of the pie, the bottom plate is the different pieces with one of these little notes from Dandelions and Dragonflies.  


This year I also found these free task cards from Rachael Parlett that hit the spot.  Great review! 

A Slice of PIE - Thanksgiving Center for Practicing Author

Then of course the kids had to add something in their ELA notebooks as well, so I used this freebie from Blair Turner

Blair's picture

All in all - they got it!  What do you do to review Author's Purpose?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!