Image Map

March 25, 2013

Easter Freebie: Bookmarks and Homework Passes

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday
Second post of the day - I doubt you will mind though - it's a FREEBIE!


With my day at home, I am quickly trying to make sure everything is prepped for the end of this week, and finally go on our spring break!!!  The laminator is humming and I'm prepping these bookmarks for my school kiddos' Easter baskets.  Click on the image above to go and download. 
 What?  Easter baskets?  Yes, my school kiddos make up Easter baskets on the day before vacation.  It's a quick little art project, but they love it and I enjoy a place for them to store all their goodies.  By goodies I mean their Easter egg that has their name on it (they find their specific one during the Easter egg hunt), the cute bookmark, a Homework Pass, a brand new pencil, and some other odds and ends.   


How do they make up their Easter basket?  With just a plain paper bag.  That's it.  I then let them put a quarter piece of tissue paper inside to help fill it out a bit.  Then they decorate it.  This year I splurged on the foam egg stickers - usually they just color or trace a bunny on it.

Here are some pictures of how to create it, in case you are interested.
Step 1: Take a plain paper bag and cut an inch strip from the top going vertically down about halfway.

Step 2: Open up the bag and fold the outside parts down, leaving only the middle inch strip sticking up

Step 3: Staple (or tape) the strip together - creating a handle.
Step 4: Decorate! (My 6 year old did this project - can you tell?  He's a helper!)

Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the cute freebie - my kids will love the bookmarks! :)

    Blair Turner
    All Things Upper Elementar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I like your blog,Your blog give me a good information related to bookmarks.This blog is very good and useful for me in future.Thanks.....

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!