Image Map

March 15, 2013

Five for Friday

Five for Friday! Today I'm linking up again with Doodlebugs Teaching to share my 5 random things from this week.
.

1. Son's birthday
I can't believe my oldest son is now 9!  He's an awesome kid - so caring, responsible, and smart.  I'm biased - though I am totally being truthful too.  

2. Spring Fever Sale this weekend over at TPT.  I'm joining up with other shop owners to give 20% off all my products.  :)  


3.  You wonder why I have a picture of a fire extinguisher...  Well, on Wednesday my students learned the importance of NOT putting a quarter into a surge protector.  The story goes that somehow this quarter "happened" to fall/bounce/plant itself in between the speaker plug and the surge protector.  This was in the morning during writing workshop... a kid brings over this burned/melted quarter to show me, just says for me to look at the quarter... doesn't tell me that it happened in the classroom, or that there was a spark, or that the surge protector clicked off, or that the fuse and everything electrical in the classroom wasn't working... just that this child wanted me to look at the quarter (which I see many random things during the day, so I didn't think anything of it).  It wasn't until later that I saw everything else, and wasn't until I pulled in the principal that the kids decided to tell the story...  They said they didn't want to bother me during writing workshop... They have learned that if there is ever a spark it is VERY important to let their teacher know.  Wednesday was a very long day.  

4.  Spring Weather
We've had high 70's and 80's this week.  I love the weather, but I'm not a fan of how warm my classroom gets or the onset of allergies.  I wish I could bring in a fan - my little metal portable feels like an oven!  The AC is not working up to it's potential!

5. Scholastic Books

Stone FoxThe Tiger RisingWayside School Gets a Little Stranger by Louis Sachar, Gregory Crouch, Adam McCauley (Illustrator), Adam Mccauley (Illustrator)
I had to put in an order yesterday and I realized that Scholastic had tons of books for $1 at the moment.  Nevermind the fact that I already have 9 class sets of books that I have bought over the years, I bought 3 more using bonus points.  I'm addicted to buying books. 

Okay everyone - go link up!

    

1 comment:

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!