Image Map

November 12, 2012

3, 2, 1 - Weekly Plan #1


Every Friday I have my students complete a 3, 2, 1 as a reflection piece in their journal.  Their 3, 2, 1 is 3 things they learned that week, 2 things they enjoyed, and 1 new goal for the next week.  I was thinking that I should start doing something similar for myself, but at the beginning of the week.  I keep organized by to do lists, so thought that perhaps I could share my list with you.  Yes, I know it's Monday and it's technically not the start of the week - BUT with having today as a vacation day, I feel like the week is still about to begin.  

Here is my list:

3 goals for the week

*School goal - I need to get the paperwork off my desk at school.  I need to scan answer sheets - which means an extended trip to the library, and I need to input grades into my computer.  My school computer has been acting up lately, and it doesn't always allow me to accomplish these tasks when I want to accomplish them.

*Home goal - I would like to plan out the weekly meals this week.  I used to do this all the time, and somehow I got out of the habit.

*Personal goal - All summer and in the beginning of the school year I took the dog for a walk first thing in the morning, then when it became too dark I used that as an excuse to stop.  I need to remember to take the time for me, since it makes my day go so much better.

2 things I'm looking forward to

*I'm looking forward to all the Thanksgiving activities that I'm ready to do with my class this week.  I'm excited for Turkeys, Pilgrims, Thankfulness, and Autumn colors.  I'm excited that Friday at 2:50 means that Thanksgiving vacation has begun. :)

*I'm excited about the Canned Food Drive Dance this coming Friday afternoon.  My kids are too young to go to any of the other dances that are held at school, but for the Canned Food Drive Dance, they get to be silly and dance their tails off during school hours.  Leadership at my school is providing a DJ and it will be held in the cafeteria.  The overhead lights are turned off and the disco lights start flashing as the music blares.  All they need to do is bring in a canned food item to be able to attend.  Fun times!

1 thing I want to try 

*This week means my class is starting their Mission booklets.  I'll post more about it later on, but basically the premise is that everyday we highlight one mission.  They create a booklet where they write key information and do mini draws.  This year I have my now!board and I get to use it to help make the missions come alive.  I don't know why I'm nervous about it... maybe it's because this is the first year to use technology to walk through the missions?  Anyhow, I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.

Okay, so that's my 3, 2, 1 for this week.  I'll let you know how it goes...accountability is a good thing, right?  I don't know how to host a linky party, but if you want to join me and then let me know your blog post in a comment below (or send me an email) I would love to read about what you are planning.  
       
Hope you are having a great day!  
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!