Image Map

September 19, 2013

Facing My Fear...

This week I did something that was up there on my top fear list - I presented at a staff meeting. Speaking to kids is easy, but adults are another ball game...

What was I sharing? The Nowboard! 

In case you don't know, the Nowboard is a little camera and magic wand that makes any flat surface (ie. a projector screen) into an interactive whiteboard.

For the past 2 years I've had it in my classroom. Last year my new principal came in for an observation, saw me use it, and from there ordered one per grade level. So it was my job to show it off. 

I use it for a bunch of stuff in class... 
Brain Pop Quizzes
Playing center games (example Internet 4 Classrooms)
Working on IXL full class
Highlighting passages on K12reader or any reading comprehension thing...
Putting up our math text (we have it online through Think Central) and doing the problems.

Using a typed paragraph and practicing rainbow edit. 

The list goes on and on...

My class 2 years ago had a technology fundraiser in the spring and we raised the money for the Nowboard. We didn't raise quite enough, so my principal at the time used some special EIA money to cover the rest. 

Do you also have a Nowboard?  

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on speaking to adults. I'm presenting on Monday to a group of teachers and I am a bit nervous. I am glad to hear your presentation went well!

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!