Image Map

November 21, 2012

Every-Day Edits


Today I cleaned.  The house is clean.  The boys are relatively clean.  The clothes and dishes are clean.  Hopefully everything will stay in its place until after we see the rest of the family tomorrow.  :)  

As I'm sitting down completely exhausted from cleaning, I've been thinking about the things that I love using in my classroom.  You know, the things that I'm grateful for...  I decided to try and organize my files a bit more on the computer and I ran across my folder of Every-Day Edits.  

Do you use these too?  


The stack I use comes from Education World.  They have made it so easy for me to find everything on there.  The students need that extra practice in editing.... don't we all?  They provide a non-fiction paragraph to edit, and it's sorted by real dates in history.  I call it our treasure hunt time when we tackle it together in class on Mondays.  If we don't do it in class, the paragraph goes home for homework.  It's that important to me for them to do it.  Since they have 2 per page, I can easily justify the amount of copies.  

Education World has a ton of other stuff as well, but that's all I really wanted to share for today.  It's a free resource that I am grateful for.  Click the link above to head on over so you can check it out yourselves.  This resource is more for the intermediate grades, but they also have something similar for primary students.

Happy Thanksgiving! 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily:

    "The house is clean. The boys are relatively clean." I love that line!

    I'm off to check out Education World. Thanks for the recommndation.

    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Thanksgiving was wonderful. :)

      Delete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!