Image Map

May 30, 2013

Things I Will Definitely Change and SALE!



Kim over at Finding Joy in 6th Grade is hosting her very first linky all about what we want to change for next year.  I know I consider myself flexible with rolling with the punches.  So here are some of the things I want to work for next year.     


The back and sides of my room are pretty well covered.  I DO NOT like my walls.  Love the classroom, despise the walls.... they are peeling and yellow and just gross.  Little by little I have added more fabric over the years, now it's basically just the front of the room that I still have left to do.  I found some green twin sheets that I'm going to stick up on either side of the white board.  If it works to stick them up before school gets out, I would love that - if it doesn't then it's one of the first projects when I get back in August.  



I have tried many things over the years - composition books, binders, spiral notebooks - everything has it's own time and place.  I'm looking forward to using lap books with all my units this next year in all subjects.  This summer the plan is to bring home all my teacher editions - Reading, Math, S.S. and Science and plan out the different units to make it work for my future class.  I want to incorporate their vocabulary, main ideas, notes, etc.  It's going to be a big project.


This year I did a lot of flipping in my student notebook with regards to my conferences... next year I want less flipping, so thinking how I can restructure them to make it work better for me.


This past year Daily 5 was not a pleasant experience, I've been hearing though that next year is supposed to be a breath of fresh air.  I'm looking forward to doing more Daily 5/center rotations all year long.  I'm looking forward to implementing Literature Circles.  There is just so much I'm excited about.


Pretty basic.  I signed up for way too much this past year - on so many committees, too many adjuncts.  This next year I want to go back to the basics and hopefully my to do list will be shorter.


Summer I take better care of myself.  I get more sleep, I eat better, I feel better.  I am going to make a conscious effort going into next school year to continue doing my best and remembering ME.


One more thing - I put all my task cards on a big sale through this coming weekend over at TPT.  Basically everything that normally was $3.25 is now $1.50.  I'm all about celebrating the end of the school year  - but I'm also getting ready for next year and thinking other people may also be too.   

Hope you have a great day!  

1 comment:

  1. Glad that I read this. I haven't thought about intentionally using a lap book for each unit but I like that idea. I think I will head over and search for a few at TPT right now. :)
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!