Image Map

August 4, 2013

Back to School Postcards


Postcards are ready to be mailed this coming week.  I'm aiming for Wednesday - so the kiddos will get them by Friday, in time for school to start the next Monday.  I just need to pick up enough stamps.  

This morning I sat down and wrote the addresses on the backs for all 32 of my new students.  

Since the printed back has a bunch of my personal information, I figure I'll just write the gist of it.

"Dear Families,
I'm looking forward to working with you this year.  Please check out our class website at ______ for our supply list and information about our year.  I look forward to seeing you on the first day of school and at Back to School Night.
Sincerely,
Mrs. S"

I posted the above picture over on Instagram this morning, and had a few questions regarding where I got them from... so wanted to share it was an old favorite - Vistaprint!  

Vistaprint. Make an impression.

I learned about Vistaprint 4 years ago.  Over the years I have picked up quite a few items from them - magnets, business cards (used for many different reasons), postcards, pens, stamps, etc. - I've written about them in the past as well.  Everything I buy from them is in the "free" section - they change up their free products every so often.  I just pay shipping.  I'm cheap.  

They aren't telling me to share about them, and I'm not being reimbursed for my shout out - they are just awesome at making life easy.  

I mentioned business cards too... well before a couple of years ago I didn't think I needed business cards.  I didn't know of any teacher that had them, but then I realized that it's so easy to stick a business card up on the fridge.  So I paper clip one onto each Back to School Night packet.  

The business cards come in sets of 250, the postcards came in sets of 100.  This was my second year using these postcards, I have one more use of them.

Just an idea if you are looking for some help in the paper department.  

5 comments:

  1. I got the same design of postcard. I sent mine out last week since school starts Wednesday. Be sure to ask for postcard stamps, their cheaper.


    Meagan
    Oodles of Teaching Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will tuck this away for next year. They are adorable!

    Lisa
    Fluent in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the same style postcard and business card! On the business card I was able to get English on one side, and Spanish on the other. About 90% of my students speak spanish, and their families ONLY speak spanish, so this was important to me. I got the postcard to send out as a welcome, but also to send communication during the school year to families. I am so glad to see wonderful teachers doing the same thing. It makes me feel like I am doing something right. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made stickers on Vistaprint with that same design. It says "I had a great day at school. Ask me about it." I try to remember to give out at least one a day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to get your kids excited for the school year.

    Kaylee's Education Sudio

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!