Image Map

August 3, 2013

Classroom Day 4 - More Pictures :)


Friday dawned bright and early... my 3 year old was burning up and only wanted his mommy to hold him - so my idea of spending lots of time in the classroom didn't happen.  My husband was able to give me a couple of hours though of daddy duty before he had to go off to work, so in 2 hours I finished up some projects.  You might have seen some of these pictures over on Instagram or on Facebook yesterday.  So... here is more pictures of my classroom from yesterday.    


This is my classwork bulletin board.  I still need to add the pushpins, but it's almost ready to go.  Usually I only put up cardstock, but this year I found those adorable birds at Office Max and had to get them.  I think it dresses up the board nicely.  :)


Here's my VOICES board.  It was originally going to have FACE strategies too, but all my writing stuff kind of took over.  The french fries cups are going to be synonyms that the tables brainstorm - and we will get in some thesaurus practice at the same time.  Planning on switching them out with different words once a month.  


This is the left side of my front wall.  My Lego calendar came down, and instead I have a gigantic desk calendar to write big on.  I tend to write huge anyway, so now there will be more room.  There is room on the far left to hang the Star Student's poster, and above is my school timeline ready to go.  We brainstorm the best parts of the month the last day of the month and write it on a dicut that gets placed up on the timeline.  


Here's the front wall.  The whiteboard hasn't been sectioned off yet, but I love how everything has come together.    


I finally put up the whole brain teaching posters to start the year.


... and my hand signals are now up.  


The FACE strategies are now up too.  


My storage units are all sorted too.  These black ones have task cards and activities in the 5 drawer ones, and the 3 drawer have reading activities (fluency books, science/ss connections, spelling sorts, word work, and a drawer full of my thesaurus').  


The math bulletin board has also started to be put together - it starts off pretty plain but will soon be covered with anchor charts.  


Below the math bulletin board is all my math drawers - Math Facts, Mixed Fact Assessments, and lots of manipulatives.  


Overall, it was a good day and I'm feeling pretty comfortable with what's left to do.  Isn't it crazy how much stuff needs to be done in a short amount of time on top of getting everything organized paperwork wise to start out the year?

I hope you all have a great day!  


12 comments:

  1. Your room looks great! I love how you are doing the timeline. I agree, it is crazy trying to get everything set up at the beginning of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks great. I like that Rainbow Edit poster-never seen it or heard of it. Had to pin!

    Crystal


    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your bulletin boards are content rich! Especially love the acronym for the six traits... I'm borrowing that one! THANKS! Sure hope your little one is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your classwork bulletin is great!! Your room is looking good as well-well done!!
    -Lovely Nina

    Lovely Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room looks so nice! I like your math board!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your room looks so bright and inviting, and I love the birds! I'm having a Back to School classroom setup linky party on my blog, I'd love to have you link up!
    -Jana
    downthehallinthird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Your room look fantastic! I found those same little birds yesterday along with a matching border yesterday. I posted about them on my blog yesterday. I love how cute they look in your room! Where did you get the whole brain posters? Those are super cute...:)

    Blessings, Vicky
    Keep Calm and Imagine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your students are so lucky to have you!! I want to spend a week with you - your ideas are awesome and I love your blog posts. So inspiring!! Thank you for sharing!
    Lindalouhoo
    piccolal@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division posters in the shape of each of those! CUTE! Where did you get those?!?
    Abbey
    http://teachertalkwithmrst.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!