Image Map

August 17, 2013

Motivation Time: Clip Up!



Good afternoon everyone!  Linking up with Head over Heels for Teaching to share something that I am over the moon about already this year...  

This is the first year that I decided to try a clip up chart.  Now, I know I'm still in the honeymoon stage of our year - just one week down, so many more to go - but it has been so much fun seeing the reactions of having kids "clip up".  

My Technology Clip Chart with numbers by 4th Grade Frolics

In past years I have always used the colors - green (great), yellow (warning), orange (lose recess), red (lose PAT), and blue (office).  This year I kept those same colors but added colors for going the EXTRA mile.  Already this past week a couple of kids each day have been able to bump up based on deciding to do extra writing or helping when hadn't been asked.  A couple of kids got a little chatty during our practice Read to Self, and instead of stopping everyone, I made mention of a couple of kids that were showing the proper example (they got to clip up) and all of a sudden others were also doing their best.  

It's the little things.  :)  

Since I do have a ton of technology in my classroom, I went with my technology themed clip chart for this year.  It's over in my store and has 2 sizes to choose from.  Since I use a pocket chart, I use the smaller version.  

What else have you been doing in class?  Please link up and share!

5 comments:

  1. What a cute clip chart. I like the pocket idea. My kiddos love being clipped up. Last year was my first year using it and I can't imagine doing something different. It worked so well all year long.

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! I used a clip chart for the first time this past school year, and it was AWESOME!! Instead of focusing on what my students were doing wrong, I could praise and reward them for doing the right thing (and that was almost always enough motivation to redirect the misbehavior!) You are going to love it!!

    ~Erin
    Mrs. Beattie's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the technology clip chart. Super cute!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you recognize those students who go above and beyond and can clip up! Your chart is precious! No wonder they love it! I know your success will continue Emily! Thanks for linking up!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been using the clip up or down chart for two years and it works great! If a child continues to show excellent behavior, even after clipping to the chart (or to me) they then clip to the principal! They love it! The clip chart has been one of the best tools I've ever used for management. (Our whole school adopted it after my grade piloted it.)

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!