Image Map

August 17, 2012

School Tube


Another website that I just learned about... Seriously, why isn't there professional development that just shows off what is free on the web for resources?  I wish!

So, I was looking around for Bucket Filler videos the other day, and I saw this website: 


Not a lot of video based websites are allowed in my school's network, so I was hoping beyond hope that it would work.  It does!  It seems to be a cross between Brain Pop and You Tube - but designed for the classroom.

Everything that I typed into the search box popped up - Bucket Filler examples, Math videos, Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing, Daily 5... there were so many great examples of things that have been shared by other classrooms.  

I was browsing at home, and it was easy to just copy/paste the links into an email format for me to send to myself through my school email.  At school all I did was open up my email account and they were right there for me to click on.  Since there is SO MUCH information on there, I would suggest looking at it before the final moment of teaching - just in case the videos aren't exactly what you are looking for.

Another great free resource out there!  I know it says to log in and sign up, but I haven't yet - and I can still see so much.  Does anyone have an account?  Is there more to see after you sign up?  Perhaps the account is more to save your information or add the videos into your own personal database.  

I'm just excited about it!  More to explore on there...  Just wanted to share it in the meantime in case you were like me and didn't know about it.

Happy Web Surfing!    
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!