Image Map

July 28, 2013

Last Day of Summer...

Okay, okay... it's not technically the last day of summer vacation - but tomorrow I move all the school stuff out of my house and have access to my classroom.... given previous experience I will probably live there the majority of this next week before meetings start the following week... alone and with my kids trying to get everything *perfect*.  Of course we all know that perfection in the classroom really doesn't exist - especially while chasing a 3 year old - there is always something that can be tweaked.  So after today there will be pictures of my classroom, and how I'm trying to set it up differently with the same efficiency as I had the past years.  We'll see.

I've done a lot this summer to help prep.  I know it drives my dear, wonderful, considerate husband batty (can you tell he is probably reading this?) with all the stuff I do - but it really makes the transition easier having it done.  Not that my school list is short - no, it's not - but I'm on my way.

So what have I prepped this summer?  Figured I would make a list with links so you can see it all in one spot.  Then there is the reason that at the moment I need to know I actually did a bunch of stuff since I'm starting to feel overwhelmed.  

Okay, here's some of what I did: 


*Fill a Bucket Mailbox - posted on Instagram



*Answer Key Binder




*Numbers on Clothespins - ready for CAFE goals




*Name/Picture Squares - ready for their smiling first day of school pictures

I know that's not everything, but a lot of it is just prepping paperwork - printing, making copies, laminating, etc... not exactly the fun stuff to show off here on the blog.  

So overall, what am I hauling in tomorrow?

*5 big blue tubs stuffed full of prepped materials - pencil boxes, journals, folders, supplies, etc
*2 Task Card sorters
*2 big boxes and 2 crates full of labeled notebooks
*2 crates of binders and teacher's editions
*4 empty crates
*an empty 3 drawer storage thing
*a box of read alouds
*my mailbox
*my patience ruler
*one or two 4 ft. fold up tables

Probably will need 2 car trips to get it all in... maybe... the point that it has to get out of the house ASAP!  

Have a wonderful day.  Remember that today is the last day to enter the $50 TPT Gift Card Giveaway - Pinterest Style.  


3 comments:

  1. Hi Emily. Good for you for getting so much done! Best of luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will go back to my classroom this week too :) super excited! Good luck and have a great week!
    Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see pictures of your room! Good luck!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!