Image Map

July 12, 2013

Read Aloud Mini Book Packs - FREEBIES :)


You all know I love to read with my school kiddos.  Seriously, we have a chapter book read aloud going at all times in the classroom.  In past years I have my students write connections in their journals and they take a piece of copy paper to do main idea summaries for the different chapters.  I wanted to make it a little more organized for them (plus cuter), so I started putting together mini packs for the read alouds I get to during the school year.  I'm not done yet with all of them, but I have finished up Charlotte's Web, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, Chocolate Fever, Chocolate Touch, and The Lemonade War.  Below is what is included in a typical mini pack.

Read Aloud Mini Packs (Link is to the custom category in the store.)


 Every pack has a journal cover.  
 The chapter summary pages have room for notes, main ideas, predictions, etc.  

The journal pages have room for illustrations, chapter summaries, connections to the text, etc.  

I'm still working on Beezus and Ramona, Stone Fox, The Tiger Rising, Island of the Blue Dolphins, Old Yeller, From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, The Family Under the Bridge, Stuart Little, and The Trumpet of the Swan.  If you have an idea for another book pack that you would like me to work on please leave a comment or send me an email.  I'll do my best!

Hope this helps someone!  :)  

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for making them free!! What a great resource!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! Thank! Great simple activity to use with books.

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!