Image Map

January 2, 2016

The Day I Let My Students Dye My Hair...



This fall my grade level had our walkathon (like we always do).  We sent home a letter asking families to please consider supporting our classrooms, to raise enough money for our big field trip and for enrichment activities.  The walkathon came and went, and the money started coming in... but it didn't look like we were going to raise enough... so we offered a little incentive if we reached our class goal.  This year we decided to let the 2 top earners coat our hair with colored hairspray (the stuff that they sell in the Halloween aisle).  My hair was a lovely shade of purple, pink, and orange... it was nice and crispy afterward, and took 3 washes to get it all out.  :)  Will I do it again next year? Of course!

Do you do any incentives to raise class funds?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!