Image Map

November 22, 2013

Five for Friday - Did you enter yet?


It's Friday and it's the beginning of a beautiful week long vacation.  I'm so thankful for my district giving us an entire week of rest.  Love the kids, need a break though!
fiveforfriday2_thumb3_thumb3_thumb
Linking up with Doodle Bug's Teaching to share 5 random things about this week.

My kids have been writing in their Thankful Journals this past week.  It was just a simple mini book - folded over construction paper with a couple sheets of copy paper inside.  I had them write different categories in their books - one per page (Family, Friends, Home, School, City, State, and Other).  They took this week and during ELA center time had to add to their lists.  Then yesterday I gave them this freebie from MelonHeadz Illustrating and showed them how to create Word Art using their brainstormed lists.  They got so into it.  Above is my example - the kids laughed at me when I mentioned being thankful for my dishwasher and washing machine.    

This week we took a lot of tests to finish up the end of the unit and wrapping up before the big break.  As they finished their reading unit test, they worked on this Reading Feast Craftivity from Jessica Scott - I {Heart} Recess.  Each part of their turkey dinner was a different portion of the book report.  I told them they had to choose a book they had read in November to write about.  They turned out awesome and the kids learned about some new books that are out there!  

My preschooler came home with a little turkey craft.  I love handprint projects and the fact they added google eyes.




Christy Fultz over at Mrs. Fultz's Corner posted this personality quiz over on her Facebook.  I took it since I love random quizzes and I'm a deer.  What animal are you?   

Last up - my BBB's giveaway is still going on.  It runs through next week and we're giving away 3 gift cards to TPT.  Have you entered yet?  

Hope you had a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!