Image Map

November 19, 2013

Math Time: Roll & Cover and Monster Math


Math time!  Linking up with I {Heart} Recess and Fourth Grade Flipper to let you in on a secret.  I am addicted to buying teaching materials.  I just can't help it.  If someone has already made something that works and will save me the headache of trying to create it myself - then of course I'm going to buy it… AND when that something is on sale, is a year long product, and is going to help another teacher financially out.. well, I have even more incentive to go shopping!  

Last Monday, when I was home on Veteran's Day I had fun on TPT.  A LOT of FUN!  Yes, capitals, it was a lot of fun.  My hubby doesn't yet know how much fun.  2 products that I picked up were new math materials that I decided I needed to have pronto.
Multiplication Roll and Cover Bundle for the Whole School Year
I bought a bunch of Roll and Cover Multiplication Games.  My class absolutely goes nuts when I have pulled out the couple of games that I already owned, so I picked up this entire year's worth.  I haven't copied them all, but I did print out the Thanksgiving and Fire Safety ones for this week.  I use them during my math fact rotation once a week.  The boards are rich in color, so after printing one set of them, I decided to do the remainder sets in black and white using school ink.  They still look great, and I slipped them inside sheet protectors to be ready to go.  When I'm not using them I started a big binder to keep them organized. 

4th Grade Common Core Spiral Math Review {Year Long}
The other thing that I picked up was 4th grade Monster Math Spiral Review.  I know… you are probably looking at the computer screen wondering why I bought more spiral review when I already own 2 other sets.  The answer is easy, the kids still need practice.  My "At your seat" rotation is all about spiral review, and I wanted something that would be a constant every Wednesday morning.  It's engaging, has tons of practice, and keeps the kids' thinking - which gives me time to focus on my own little group.  With this set, I only made 8 copies of each page and slipped them into sheet protectors. (Yes, I go through a lot of sheet protectors in class.)  This past week the kids didn't write on the pages, but wrote their answers on a piece of scratch paper.  After the rotations were done, we came back together full class and reviewed the material (like we do every day), and then they turned it in.  I had them tackle all 5 problems during their 15 minute rotation.  Now I can save those same sheets for next year, and they are in my file cabinet all labeled with the week number.

     What do you use for your math fact or at your seat station?

Hope you had a great day and MAKE SURE to check back tomorrow morning!!!  There is a big surprise waiting in the wings.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Ah, this post makes me miss teaching math SO much!! Those products look amazing and I am adding them to my wish list just because I know I will be teaching math again someday. :) Thanks for linking up!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!