Image Map

March 4, 2021

Virtual Classroom Files


At the beginning of the year, I was trying to figure out how I could move a ton of the stuff that I normally pass out to the kids into Microsoft Teams from my home computer and have access to it on my school computer. I could not get the Class Notebook to work correctly for me... so I kept it simple and just created a file folder system for students (and me) to reference all within TEAMS.


From our class files, students open it to see these file options.  
Class Materials contains all the materials split into subjects.  I update the information by unit. 


Under Class Materials we have so much stuff. Classroom information has mainly back to school information - like that first day PowerPoint and packet, parent information, school info. etc. it’s come in handy for the new kids this year. 

Then the subjects we have everything we ever need.  Students have access, I have access, and parents also have access to view.  I add intervention resources to the Math and Reading folders, so it's always handy. During our lessons, I just screen share and open up the correct folder. It's also easy to grab the link and paste it into a breakout channel for students to access, or put it in our main conversation. The kids then can look back if they need to review.  It has helped a lot being able to upload from my home computer which has everything to my school computer which has nothing...

Yes, you see correctly- we are still doing holiday activities and art projects. I’m trying to keep as much as normal to give them the best year possible. Art projects are optional, but they are still there if they want to do it. The kids take pictures and can share with me in their private channels and in our team groups if they want to share with their classmates. 

This year has also taught me to keep my own home computer files organized.  She hides her eyes in shame... Subjects vs. Office paperwork vs. Class paperwork vs. Weekly folders, etc... It's always been a goal of mine to get the computer organized, but I never would have thought that it would take a pandemic to get me to actually do it.  I'm sure it will help me in the future too. Well, at least that's the goal.  Hope you had a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!