Image Map

June 4, 2013

Monday Made It: Table Signs and Popsicle Place Value



I did it - I made something - I got my creativity back!  

So, I'm linking up with Tara for Monday Made It.  A day late, but if you read what I dealt with yesterday you will totally understand.  


What did I make?  Well, I decided to redo those poofy table numbers that have been flying high all last year.  I took them down last week - they were dusty and then they were hard to store...  So last night as I was wandering around Michael's looking for inspiration (I thought painting might lower my blood pressure), I found these big plywood shapes in the clearance aisle.  


Yes, I know apples are my main theme in my room and I still love them, I just also like the idea of a garden with these little birds...


...and these little birdhouses flying overhead.  


So I painted both sides the 2 of the colors that are throughout my classroom, bubble drew #1-6, and then painted the numbers white.  



I then traced over the outline edge of the white with red sharpie to finish it up.  


Here they are in my hallway.


I also finished up my Popsicle Place Value to Hundred Millions Activity Pack.  Place Value is the first unit I teach, so I made up task cards for intermediate students to identify digits and a matching game for students to identify values.  Since this will be taught in August/September, it was all about popsicles.  :)  


Want to win a copy of the Activity Pack?  Just leave a comment below (make sure you leave your email or have your email connected to your profile).  I'll choose a random winner on Thursday night!  

Have a great day!

11 comments:

  1. I love your table numbers! Great idea and they came out SO CUTE!! :o)

    Tara
    TeachingwithTWitte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea for your table numbers!!! :) Glad I found you through the linky.

    Come visit me! I'm having a giveaway that starts TOMORROW!
    Marie
    The Hands-On Teacher in First!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the table numbers as well and the colors too. I plan on useing those colors next year myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The signs are adorable! I love the color!
    Lattes and Laughter
    lattesnlaughter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Place Value cards!!! So happy for summer!!!
    lisa.m.blumberg@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great activity to use in class. Thank you for having a giveaway.

    elegant8@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the place value pack! It's so cute!
    -Melissa
    mahoopingarner@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the table numbers. Very cute!

    Kelly
    bbumblebee@msn.com
    A View Into My Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great activity! We start out the year with place value too.

    Deb
    maxeysjl@defnet.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the birds and bird houses! Popsicles are perfect for this unit which is also the first unit I'll be teaching! hopkins.angelia@mybradford.us

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!