Image Map

June 19, 2013

Revisiting the Plink


Hi Everyone!  Today I'm supposed to be getting off the boat.  I wanted to share one last revisit with you before I get home and get back to internet. :)

At the beginning of last school year I showed off this picture.


It's my team behavior system.  The power of the plink.  During the past school year I used it on a daily basis.  Some months I only had 2 teams, other times 5 or 6.  It worked the same though no matter the circumstances.  

I have glass marbles/gems that I drop inside the plastic cups.  Those plastic cups are located on my metal whiteboard.  Even one marble drop makes a loud "plink" sound, which gets so much attention.  I change up my team/seating arrangements every month, so at the end of each month we count the team points from the cups and the winning team gets a prize.  Sometimes it's a box of donut holes, sometimes it's a homework pass or school cash.  They buy into it. 

How do the teams get a point?  For being on task, being quiet, doing their best, cleaning up their area, having their books ready to go after transitions...  simple stuff.  

I will definitely be using this again next year. 

Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with pictures from the trip.  :)  If not, then definitely for Five for Friday!       

2 comments:

  1. Very cute idea. I do table points but with "table number" magnets on the white board. I use tally points…every Friday we count and pick a table winner. Very similar-and hey whatever works!! :)
    -Lovely Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of your site!! I am a California blogger as well and I am your newest follower.

    Katie
    A Basket Full of Apples

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!