Image Map

June 3, 2013

Twas the First Day of Vacation...


Hi everyone.

I hope you have had a wonderful day.  Mine has been unexpected.

Today was the first official day of summer - not counting this past weekend - the day that I was supposed to be super mommy and snap my fingers to create a clean house and a Monday Made It.

Instead I woke up to an alarm clock (completely forgot to turn mine off), then my husband pulled a back muscle getting ready for work, which left him unable to stand/walk/crawl/move without screaming like a woman in labor - let alone head to work, so I called the advice nurse to get some advice as to how to get him off the ground, and they wanted to call an "non emergency ambulance" but he refused... so somehow he got downstairs and in the car while I got our 3 boys ready to head out the door to the hospital.

Thankfully we were able to drop little bits off at daycare since they do a special drop in thing for teachers on break... so then I didn't have to deal with his needing to go potty every 30 seconds.  The older 2 came with us.

The nice people at the ER took care of hubby and sent him home after 3 hours and 2 shots of medication - not a slipped disc like we feared, just a pulled muscle which means he needed some heavy duty pain meds that I had to go and pick up for him.  My boys were perfect little angels as we waited in the lobby area for the 3 hours - so thankful for electronics.

In the meantime, my boys have decided they like having breakfast in the hospital cafeteria.  Pancakes and a breakfast sandwich... which totally beats what I would have fixed for them at home.

They also appreciated the lunch from Jack in the Box as we were on our way home from the hospital after picking up little one at daycare.  I think they would eat every meal out if they could.

I did go over to school for approx. 10 minutes this afternoon to pick up my Sharpies since I can't believe I left them there on Friday.  I wouldn't want for them to miss me too much over the 9 1/2 weeks of summer.  I had great plans of working in my room - mainly just cleaning out my desk - but that thought fizzled as the heat of my classroom turned oven hit me as I opened the door.

Let me also mention the pile of dog puke and little bits pooping twice on the floor in his efforts to reach the toilet in time.

It's been quite the day... let me recap.

So - no Monday Made It.  No clean house. No finished TPT Place Value project.  No packing started.

Is it bedtime yet?  Hoping this day gets better...

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day :) I hope your husband is on the mend, too!
    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a day! Hope you have a better day tomorrow!
    -Lovely Nina

    Lovely Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a similar start to my vacation. My toddler tripped at school and went face-first into a bookcase. She had a nasty lump on her forehead and a gash, so I had to pick her up and take her to pediatrician and then for x-rays. She ended up being fine, but it was quite a way to spend my first day off!

    I hope your week has improved dramatically and that the worst of your vacation is already behind you!
    Alison
    Eberopolis: Teaching Reading & Writing with Technology

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!