Image Map

June 11, 2013

Revisiting Trifold Display Boards


Hi everyone :)

Today I wanted to revisit all those Trifold Display Boards that I made up last summer and let you know how they were used throughout the year.  

There was my Boggle Board,

my Homeworkopoly Board (Ladybug Teacher Files templates)...


Every Friday I would pop my Homeworkopoly Board up in front of the classroom, get out the cards and dice, and the kids that had everything turned in on time would get a chance to play the game.  I used the little foam squares that came with our math manipulatives and had written their student numbers.  What held them onto the board was just a little piece of scotch tape.  The board has contact paper on top of it.  Everything worked well all year, and we will definitely be using this again next year. 

Boggle... well I'm embarrassed about that board.  It just didn't work the way I thought it would - those cards slipped and fell and then it took up so much space.  Instead I ended up using a single page 4 x 4 template that I hung on the wall.  I used that website with the different arrangement of letters for specific topics (I mentioned it in the past post), and I would just write the letters up for the week and kids would write on their sheet protectors to keep track of their list of words.  On Fridays we would check in to see who came up with the most amount of words.  The kids loved the concept, I just didn't like the big green board.  

The Student Response Board turned out wonderful.  Basically once a week I would pass out a post it note and the kids would have to answer and stick it onto the board before they would move onto the next activity.  I didn't use it as exit tickets, but rather interesting facts, concepts, questions, etc...  I will definitely be using it again next year.  

Hope you are having a great day.  The green links above will take you back to the posts from last summer.  


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I will definitely be reading your past posts.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great ideas! I guess I just hadn't thought of using these for these purposes. How in the world did I over look this easy trick. :)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are engaged to offering Display Board with manufacturing, supplying, exporter and trading. We have designed and develop display board exclusive range as per the industry standards and in different specifications.
    Visit us on: http://displayboard.net.in/

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!