Image Map

January 24, 2014

Five for Friday!

Hello Friends!  I wanted to share what's new with me after this last crazy week of school!  
ONE - First up, to celebrate my 1,000+ friends over here on the blog, 2,700+ friends over on FB, 3,500+ friends on Pinterest, 1,000+ friends on Instagram, and 700+ friends over at TPT I decided to hold a special 20% sale for the next 2 days on my Top 4 Wish listed Products.  I do have the writing journals and task card sets in bundles as well, but these were the top wish listed so I'm going for it.  



TWO - This week my laminator has been humming, but my colored printer decided not to work...
That didn't stop me though - I printed in black and white, laminated, and had my early finishers color in the clip art.  My fast kids (also perfectionists) cut out the lamination for me.  They did a great job!  


THREE - I love our alphabet rug.  It's been up in my youngest son's room, but last weekend in my rearranging I brought it downstairs.  My boys might be weird, but they absolutely love the "game" of jumping on different letters.  My 3 year old has fun jumping for letter recognition (I say a letter and he goes to it), my middle and older son had fun doing their spelling words by bouncing around.  Simple things...  

FOUR -
I LOVE spirit days.  I love how I don't have to figure out what I'm going to wear.  I love the glitter that PTO decided to put on our spirit shirts.  It makes me happy.  It also makes me happy that my double chin is disappearing (yes, I did just say that).  :)  

FIVE -
Over the months you might have gotten sick of hearing me talk about California History.  I love it though.  I love how California is one of those states that has a little bit of everything.  The beautiful mountains, the never-ending ocean, the fertile valley, and the crispy desert.  I live in the valley, tons of crops around us (the stinky cow smell in the mornings), but it isn't that far away from San Francisco (about an hour without traffic), and about an hour from Sacramento.  So much good stuff to see first hand!
California History makes me smile.  I love teaching about the regions at the beginning of the year, then learning about the traditions of the Native Californians, the Explorers, and the Mission system.  We are about to move on to our next unit that involves the Gold Rush, and then we will finally talk about how California became a state.  It's a story that I look forward to telling every year with the new batch of students.

Over the years I have figured out what works with my class in CA History, and those projects I shared last year over in my store.  I realized though that I didn't share with you that I bundled all 8 of my CA products.  Sorry about that... In the craziness of December it slipped my mind.  

So, here's what's included:

Bundled saves the buyer 20% of buying everything separately.

Hope this randomness helps you in some way.  Have a great weekend!





4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Those are awesome numbers! I wish I taught 4th just for the California history! Those products look great:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous you have kiddos who can help color and cut! I teach K and that's not an option! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a reminder- no spam allowed or else it will be deleted. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!