Image Map

January 18, 2014

Motivation Time - School and Slim Down


This week I brought out a sneaky little motivation for my students.  I picked it up over Winter break when hubby and I were out on a date going thrift store shopping. (Yeah, we live the high life going to the different thrift stores on the last Saturday of the month… the stores have 50% off sales.)  Anyhow, during that trip I picked up these board games for $1 each.
You Gotta Be Kidding (Would You Rather)

Would You Rather cards are a perfect little brain break/time filler.  I took them out of the box (forget the board part), and have them on my whiteboard for easy access.

The students LOVE them!

As for my own motivation
This week I did drink a lot of water.  I bought some Water Tracker bottles over at Winco.  I got on the bike at night and bumped up to the next level on that exercise video.  I wore my activity tracker every day.  I made good choices when eating out - and we ate out a lot.  I packed healthy lunches for school and tried to get more sleep.
It was a hard week because a good portion of it was spent at the hospital, sitting and waiting for my new niece to be born.  A lot of sitting… a lot of driving… a lot of waiting… a lot of not moving… and there was that one night that I only got 2 hours of sleep because baby was almost here…but every day I still made sure to get that activity tracker to 100% whether it be the bike, walking, or videos.

So, here's the breakdown.  I knew the crazy progress of the past 2 weeks would slow - but I'm deciding to celebrate the little things - like my pants falling down - or the fact that I'm actually enjoying getting on the bike at night.  I actually think my body did lose something (due to me peeking a couple of days ago), but due to whatever factor - sodium, water retention, hormones, lack of sleep, stress - it just didn't show when it was time to step on the scale.  I AM PROUD of what I accomplished this week.  


I hope you have a great day!  It's Pinewood Derby Time!  

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on continuing to make progress toward your goal. How your clothes fit and feel on your body is a MUCH better indicator than that number on the scale! Don't let that plateau discourage you - make it encourage you to continue on this path toward healthy living!

    Cheers,
    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. My number was 0 too but my pants don't feel any better. In fact, they feel worse than they did when I started! I am going crazy trying to make sense of how clothes fit worse after I lose weight. I refuse to buy anymore clothes at this point haha. Good luck this week!
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to set small goals this week as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your word for the week! That's really what it all comes down to...isn't it? I'm so glad to hear you're experiencing increased energy...energy is actually MY word for the week (but in the sense that I need some! lol)

    Primary Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Emily! Wow - what a great week for you - it is inspiring to hear about all your successes! I need to kick my butt in gear with my workouts! I LOVE LOVE LOVE thrift stores!! I can spend hours browsing and I always find treasures for my classroom!

    Kate :)
    McDee's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're awesome Emily! I love Would You Rather! I have 3 of these books and use them as time fillers and for writing quickwrites too! You're right...very motivating! And, although you didn't "lose" any pounds, the fact that you maintained is super with the crazy week you had! Thanks for sharing all your motivation!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!