Image Map

January 25, 2014

Saturday Motivation (Students and Slim Down)


Saturdays... a chance to relax.... YEAH RIGHT!!  My family is in a mad rush to get ready for my son's 4 year old Power Rangers party.  It's still a couple of hours away.  My house will soon be filled with 3 and 4 year olds... that I don't know from his classes at school and church... Wish me luck!  
This week for Student Motivation I wanted to share about my students celebrating the 100th day of school.  I tried something this year that was hilarious, I gave my students the option to dress up like they were 100 years old.  Now, I can't post their pictures - no point without seeing their faces - you wouldn't be able to see the wrinkles, gray hair, and facial hair.  It was so much fun!  I had 3 canes in class, lots of thick glasses, huge beaded jewelry, a full suit, some floppy hats, etc.  I totally forgot how silly they get when they dress up.  Worth it for one extra day of fun.  :)


As for my own Slim Down motivation...  well LOOK! 

Yes, that says I lost 5.6 pounds this week.  5 point 6.  I knew my scale lied last week when it was -0.  It might be lying again this week, but since it's in my favor, at the moment I don't care.  I did check it about 5 times this morning to see if the number would change (I was a little in shock).  

I'm still avoiding sugar like the plague (going to be hard today since I ordered a cake for the party that I actually like).  I got on the bike again during our nightly shows, and I am still Power Walking with the Biggest Loser contestants.  I have been wearing that Activity Tracker every day and have been making sure to get it to 100% of goal.  I forgot to bring my water bottle to school this week - partly because I was hauling so much other stuff to school and didn't have a free hand.  Next week that will change.  I also forgot to pack a snack a couple of days at school, so by the time I got home I was so hungry I wanted to eat everything in sight.  I need to do better with that.  I did finish up the book Made to Crave.  Such a good read, I think it got my head on straight.  I just started the devotional book that corresponds - just a tidbit a day to help me remember the point of this all.   

That's me.  How did you do this week?  

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you are able to see such a loss this week! I'm jealous! It sounds like you're making good, healthy choices for during the work week, which is very important. I'm almost begging to get back to work from all these snow days because I'm more disciplined since I'm on my feet a lot and snacks are really the only thing I have time to eat. Great job this week and good luck next week!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!!! I really need to crack down on myself with a wedding coming up later this year...!
    Jivey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job! Accept the number as a gift of encouragement. Made to Crave is a great book to read over and over. I'm so encouraged by your blog both as a teacher and now fellow weight loser. Thanks!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5.6!!! You are a rock star!!!! Keep it up! I have to get my act back together with the working out!
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You had an awesome week! Great job!!! Avoiding sugars is definitely difficult for me, but I am doing a lot better with it. I am going to have to look up that book. I haven't heard of it. Have a another great week and Happy Birthday to the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl! Awesome accomplishment! I can't wait to hear how your Power Ranger party went! :) I think dressing up as 100 year olds is a brilliant idea! I bet it was hysterical! It's hard to find stuff for the big kids-I think I may have to give this a try!!! Thanks for sharing and linking up!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! 5.6 pounds is amazing! Good luck today with the party. I'm sure you'll get a workout in while running around with all those 3 and 4 year olds. Have a great week.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go! 5.6 pounds is amazing. I just found an app on my phone called My Fitness Pal. You can track what you eat and cheer on friends. I am starting next week. It told me if I eat 1250 calories per day I will lose 5.5 pounds next week!
    Sara
    First Grade Funtastic

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Sounds like you are doing an awesome job with exercise & activity! I REALLY need to get on the wagon with that! And thanks for sharing about the book Made to Crave. I've never heard of it before, & already checked it out on Amazon. Hope your week continues to be great!!
    Primary Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Congratulations on your weight loss! That's awesome!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  11. 5.6 is an AWESOME number even if it does count loss for both weeks. Keep up the good work! I've heard so many great things about Made to Crave, and I want to try it out. Thanks for reminding me!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late
    Follow me on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!