Image Map

January 6, 2014

Slim Down Saturday {on Monday}


What a huge weekend it was!  There wasn't time to share with you how I'm doing with my New Year's resolution to be healthy.  Linking up with Third Grade Tidbits to let you know how it's going with me.  


I'll be quick about this...

This past week I really tried to get on the right track again… After so much yummy holiday food, I was having a hard time making good choices... like those cookies I ate for breakfast on December 26th...  I'm a vacation dieter, it's easier for me to get on track when I can focus on it completely.

So here's the scoop from December 27th - January 4th:

Goal:  I'm setting small goals for myself this time around since I get overwhelmed with the big number.  Ultimately I would love to be able to run after my kids without huffing & puffing (big bad wolf style).  I want to get out of the pre diabetic range, not get diabetes (like my dad), or have heart problems (like my mom).  I want to live a long life so I can enjoy my family and retirement… if I ever can retire…

Loss and Positives:  I lost 3.8 pounds this past week.  Yay me!  I also am proud of myself that I still managed to do that on vacation at Legoland.  I made good choices and avoided sugar.  I ate my veggies.  I made good choices dining out.  I portioned out my food.  I exceeded my pedometer goal.  I got on the exercise bike when I got home, and I got moving.  

What I need to work on:  I was so cold this week that I didn't remember to drink all the water I need.  That and I didn't want to have to wait in those amusement park women's bathroom lines… I know you know what I'm talking about.  So that needs to change.  I also need to add in more exercise and figure out a BALANCE between focused Emily during vacation and absent minded Emily when school is going full speed ahead.  I need to remember to put me first.  

I guess I'm putting this on a teaching blog because I know there are others that feel exactly like I do. We all have good intentions, it's just hard to follow through when life gets in the way.    

I'll be back tomorrow with classroom stuff.  :)  Thanks for keeping me accountable!  

Remember to enter the gigantic giveaway from this weekend.  :)  

Have a great day!  

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are linking up! 3.2lbs is a good start!! Keep it up!
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing. I am also working on losing 25 lbs. Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on you weight loss especially on vacation!

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!