Image Map

July 25, 2012

CAFE strategies turned to FACE


Just another short post today as I should be on a mini vacation.  Now I'm done reading Daily 5, I have started rereading CAFE.  The Sisters have inspired me and taught me so much through their books.  On their website The Sisters have a Literacy Menu with the different strategies - the goal that students will choose one strategy to work on during the week.  I used it last year and it was perfect to go over during our mini conferences.  I wanted to do that again, but I wanted to tweak it to work with my "FACE of a Reader" board.
  I took the strategies that are in the CAFE book and changed it up to being FACE instead.  Nothing really big, but it will help me to keep things consistent.  
Here is the document that I will give to my students.

Another project complete!

Hope you have a great day!



4 comments:

  1. Wow I love this Emily! Thank you so much for making this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'm glad The Sisters thought of the idea for a strategy list!

      Delete
  2. One word: Integration! I love it. Thank you so much for sharing your strategy list. :) I always seem to like what is presented, like the CAFE but tweaking something here and there to use it with what is already in place just makes it that much easier.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment! It's all about working smarter, not harder!

      Delete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!