Image Map

February 23, 2013

Five for Friday (on Saturday)


fiveforfriday

Again - another day after the fact kind of thing.  I really try, just I'm so exhausted on Friday afternoon/evening to try to get this together... though I totally know I could plan ahead to link up!  I'm sure you already recognize Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching.

5 random things about this past week...

1.  This past week I got into Downton Abbey.  My friends convinced me that I needed to start at the beginning... I said I wasn't going to, but Season 1 being on Netflix sucked me in.  Now I need to find Season 2 and 3 to catch up with...

Figurative Language Spring Templates
2.  Figurative Language went wild in my classroom.  I had an observation this past week regarding it, and then created some fun templates for my students to continue to practice over the next couple of months.
  
3.  I am addicted to Trader Joe's Just Mango Slices.  They are so good!  I guess it's a good thing that we don't have a Trader Joe's in our town.  It turns into a special thing when we go once in a while to stock up on our favorites.  
Let Them Eat Cake: A Novel (French Twist)
4. Last weekend I read 3 books by Sunday night on my Kindle.  It was a wonderful weekend - full of lazy days and staying up way too late reading.  The 3 books were actually the 3 in this series by Sandra Byrd.  The first one was free way back when, and then I had to buy the next 2 in the series as I whipped through them. 

5.  Other random lessons in class... We celebrated President's Day and wrote a 3 paragraph compare/contrast write on Abe vs. George.  The writing was then tucked into a student created book that included coordinate graphs of the presidents' faces.  We also celebrated Black History Month and made our gigantic placemats of information about famous men and women.  We have been working hard on Fractions - finished them up yesterday, though I know we will still need to review again before the BIG TEST.

Hope your week was awesome!  Happy Saturday!  
Photobucket


6 comments:

  1. I've heard all sorts of people talking about Downton Abbey. I just assumed that it was supposed to be Downtown Abbey - LOL. What is it about?

    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your figurative language templates look great! Love the spring theme.

    I feel like I'm the only one NOT watching Downton Abbey!

    Lattes and Laughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it yet either. Maybe one day :)

      Delete
  3. I probably can't do it justice with trying to explain it... it's like Jane Austen with historical events with British humor with a gorgeous castle/manor as the backdrop. Google it and check out the wikipedia entry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a relaxing weekend of reading...good for you!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. We watched the very first episode on Amazon Prime and enjoyed it - but we haven't had a chance to watch any more since! Looks good though!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!