Image Map

February 14, 2013

Recipe for a Great Friendship and My Exhausting Day

I am exhausted! Why is it that special holidays always take so much more energy than the normal routine?

Here is what my class tackled today.




We brainstormed together on the board, 
and then I set them free to create their own recipes.


My criteria: At least 4 different ingredients, using fractions or mixed numbers with specific measurements. They then had to write a sentence with the directions of how to make it.


They were cute!  Though they were also challenging since my class just learned about mixed numbers this past week, and I don't believe some have them have been in the kitchen before... since they seemed dazed when I was describing the different measuring equipment.


We also did our Conversation Heart Fractions, regular lesson for Reading, and helped our First grade Buddies graph conversation hearts. 

Then it was party time this afternoon. 
The kids voted to watch part of Monsters Inc. (goes with the monster valentine boxes from yesterday) and it's rated G. We passed out valentines and had treats they brought in from home. I think that I'm one step closer to diabetes... :(

Hope you had a great day!










2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day :) Thanks for sharing with us.

    Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's worse than Christmas for upper elementary! We survived : )

    Young Daze in 5th Grade

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!